quarta-feira, 1 de dezembro de 2010

Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 Case from KarasKustoms Review


This is the most awesome iPhone 4 case in the land

Today I am checking out the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case from KarasKustoms. This case is made from aluminum that the maker machines out with fantastic quality. If you want a really cool protective case for your iPhone that looks like something that Apple would have made, the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case is awesome. Read on for all for the details.

Specifications

The Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case is machined out of aluminum stock and uses eight small hex bolts to hold the thing onto your iPhone 4. The case ships with the small allen wrench you need to secure the case to your phone and a couple extra screws. You can get it in black, silver, blue, red, purple, and green. Each case is $39 and they are available right now.
In Use

As soon as I got my iPhone 4 in my hands, I knew that the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case from KarasKustoms was what I wanted on the smartphone. This is easily the coolest looking case I have ever seen. The front and back of the case are thin machined aluminum plates that secure to the phone using short screws that go into little round screw holders to attach the iPhone 4 inside the case.

The installation process for the case requires you to remove four of the bolts and slip your iPhone 4 into the case and then bolt the case back down. The process took only a few minutes and the tool needed for installation is included. You do need to be careful to not over tighten the case or you could damage the glass front and back of the iPhone 4.

The Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case is made so that it is almost flat on the bottom allowing me to dock the iPhone 4 with my bedside alarm clock dock with the case on without any issues at all. I was worried about the ability to dock my iPhone with the case on since you have to unbolt the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case to remove the iPhone. The bottom of the machined front and back plate sit flush with the bottom of the iPhone 4 and the little areas where the screws go through the case are only about an eighth of an inch or so longer than the iPhone is. That should mean that the thing will dock with many if not all of your accessories.

The Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case looks fantastic on my iPhone 4 and my natural aluminum color case exactly matches the finish and color of the aluminum part of my iPhone. The thin case adds very little bulk to the iPhone and adds very little weight as well. It’s really hard to find anything wrong with the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case. It's lightweight and looks damn good.

The only downside is that the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case is basically a bumper. It will not offer protection from liquids, dust, or scratches like other full coverage cases will. I am willing to risk that with such a cool case, this is my favorite iPhone 4 case hands down.
Verdict
Pros

* Looks awesome
* Easy install
* Allows docking and leaves all controls uncovered

Cons

* Not as much protection as some cases on the market with fuller coverage


Conclusion

I want a case that will protect my iPhone 4, but I also want something that looks really cool. The Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case may not offer the protection of something like an OtterBox, but the Machined Aluminum iPhone 4 case is easily the best-looking case I have seen and I highly recommend it.

Nenhum comentário: